A tasty local experience, an outdoor adventure and so much more… Come see you what can FIND in Spruce Pine NC!
A vacation experience the whole family will remember. Experience the Appalachian Mountains like never before!
Wild Food Experiences
A two hour foraging hike at different locations that include a wild food tasting and cooking demonstration afterward at the Foraged & Found Tours Outpost.
Wild Food is Everywhere Tour
An hour and a half long hike through Downtown Spruce Pine and Riverside Park. Wild Food is truly everywhere! A great introduction to the wild food of Appalachia.
Private Tours: Learn Your Land Tours & Guide Services
Private land tours to teach you about the wild food and medicine growing on your own property. OR book a guided, personalized Nature experience
Meet Your Guide, Sidhe
Hi! I’m Sidhe Kirk, your guide and the owner of Foraged & Found Tours. My Wild Food Experiences are an educational and enjoyable experience for people of all ages! When you take a hike with me you can expect accurate knowledgeable information about the plants we meet along the way.
- I have 10+ years experience working with plants, herbalism and wild foods
- I moved to Appalachia (The High Country) in late childhood and have called it home ever since. I have a deep connection to the stories and people of the area besides my love and knowledge surrounding the plants. I truly love connecting people to the magic these mountains have to offer
- I have a 5 year food safe wild mushroom certification from Mushroom Mountain that is good in most states throughout the southeast
- I am CPR/First Aid certified and have insurance and all needed guide permits
- The preservation, protection and cultivation of our rare and vulnerable plants are at the forefront of my work. I am a United Plant Savers and NC Wildflower Society member and the director of a United Plant Saver’s Botanical Sanctuary Garden. My tours always focus on lawful, sustainable and respectful foraging practices.
- I have been leading hikes in the area for 3 years and as a local know the area well. I went to school for teaching/education and as an artist understand my job is to make my hikes an edu-tainment experience.